Weymouth Beach is a three mile beach and is just minutes from the town centre and historic harbour.
There's plenty of entertainment for everyone to enjoy on Weymouth Beach ranging from traditional attractions such as Punch & Judy and donkey rides, to lively events such as beach volleyball championships, live music and free summer firework displays.
Enjoy a stroll along the level promenade or on the sands with your dog during the quieter months, take part in the Christmas "Chase the Pudding" race or just relax in the sunshine on a summers day.
The views from Weymouth Beach and the bay are spectacular, stretching across the horizon taking in the Jurassic Coastline.
- Beach Awards Blue Flag Award 2016
- Beach Awards Seaside Award 2016 2016
Map & Directions
From Dorchester, take the A354 to Weymouth.
Please use the park and ride at Mount Pleasant.
Costs range from £1.50 in low season to £3.50 in peak season - per vehicle.
Park and ride all day for up to 7 people.
Services call all along the seafront.
See www.dorsetforyou.com/parkandride/weymouth for more details including operating times and journey details.
Public Transport Directions
2 services an hour from London Waterloo to Weymouth approx 3 hours.
National Rail Enquiries 08457 48 49 50 www.southwesttrains.co.uk
3 services daily from London Victoria and daily services from Plymouth, Bristol, Birmingham, Manchester and Brighton.
National Express 08717 818181 www.nationalexpress.com
Local transport information – www.traveline.info 0871 200 22 33
- First Aid Room
- Free summer entertainment programme - July & August
- Lifeguards (May - September)
- Shower facilities
- Tourist Information (may be seasonal)
- Watersports equipment hire
- Free Entry
- In town/city centre
- Outdoor Attraction
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- Disabled access to the beach
- Disabled toilets
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children - Lost Children facility May - Sept
Parking & Transport
- Car Parks
- Close to Railway Station
- On Bus Route
- Beach side refreshment kiosk
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
- Dogs Accepted - Dogs restricted to area at Pavilion end of beach May - Sept
- Event Venue
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families