125 seat Cinema and Theatre, often hosting special film and theatrical event evenings. Family Film Matinees during school holidays. Check website for latest news.
Charming old fashioned interior dating from 1920. The Rex has its own Bar where you can take your drinks up to the auditorium with you whilst you enjoy the film. Don't miss the famous claymation adverts before the film! Delicious local ice creams sold before the film.
Stairlift to auditorium and allocated space for two wheelchairs in auditorium.
Also a venue for The Purbeck Film Festival (www.purbeckfilm.com).
Find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£6.50 per ticket|
|Children under 16||£5.00 per ticket|
|Senior (over 65 years)||£5.00 per ticket|
|Students||£5.00 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good25
- DebsDebsDubaiTrip Type:FamilyFantastic!Friday, 17th February 2017I last visited the Rex in about 1986 as a child and had great memories of the theatre. I was not disappointed when returning earlier this week 30 years later! It is a fantastic building, full of... Read full review
- billsteggalsWareham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayquaint experienceMonday, 13th February 2017For those of retirement age visiting the Rex in Wareham brings back memories of the past. The staff ard sk friendly and one can take a bar drink to one's seat and enjoy it whilst watching the... Read full review
- shelagh187054Hook, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawaywhat a gem in a small townWednesday, 8th February 2017the local people are so lucky to have this marvellous cinema run by volunteers. It is wonderful, excellent value and fantastic programmes. I was lucky enough to see the Royal Opera House's Il... Read full review
- TripAdvisor Awards TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2015
Map & Directions
Public Transport Directions
ARRIVING BY BUS: From Bournemouth take the M1 or M2 to Poole - transfer to number 40 or X54. From Poole take the number 40 or X54. From Swanage take the number 40. From West Lulworth take the 104/105. From Weymouth take the number X54.
ARRIVING BY TRAIN: Wareham Train Station (on the London Waterloo to Weymouth line) is found less than a mile from the Town Centre.
JOURNEY PLANNING: To plan your journey contact Traveline on 0871 200 2233 or visit their website: www.travelinesw.com to look up bus timetables.
- Groups Accepted
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge) - Local car parks.
- Parking (free) - Roadside.
- On-Site café/restaurant - Licenced Bar Only.
- MasterCard accepted
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
- TIC Staff Admitted Free - By prior arrangement.
- Visa accepted
- Event Venue
- Open all year
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
|2017 Opening (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* Closed Christmas & Easter. Films 7.10pm every evening except Tuesday 6pm. Family Film Matinées during School Holidays (check website for times and films). All films bookable in advance and on-line. Hard of Hearing/subtitled films on Sunday evenings where available.
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS (Displays, exhibits, rides etc)
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.