Welcome to the Itinerary Planner. Use this tool to build your own journey or choose from an exciting range of specially selected tours.
To build your own Itinerary, click to add an item to your Itinerary basket.
Built by Sir Walter Raleigh in 1594 and the stately home of the Digby family since 1617; a fascinating visit to the historic Sherborne Castle awaits you:
* Walk in the footsteps of SIR WALTER RALEIGH in the home he built more than 400 years ago
* Take a leisurely stroll around 42 acres of our beautiful ENGLISH LANDSCAPE GARDENS. Experience the peace and tranquility; marvel at the spectacular views
* Take lunch in our award winning Tea Room and then browse our Gift Shop for a souvenir of your visit
* Discover magnificent staterooms, a Tudor kitchen and the Family Museum in the Castle's cellars
* Uncover the Great Stories of Sherborne Castle telling the stories of key moments in history at the Castle
* Discover walks round the 50-acre lake to Garden features such as Raleigh's Seat, The Cascade and a new Fossil House
* Enjoy colour throughout the season in the Gardens from spectacular carpet arrays of spring bulbs, glorious herbaceous borders and the breathtaking colours of autumn reflected in the lake
* In the Family Museum you can see Raleigh’s Kitchen, fascinating family artefacts, Fossil & Archive displays. Our Sir Walter Raleigh display covers the great man's time here at the Castle while our ‘Capability’ Brown display drawn from the archives tells of his impact and legacy on the Gardens.
Combined with the Castle, the historic market town of Sherborne and its wonderful Abbey are close by for a memorable day out.
|Castle & Gift Shop (19 April 2019 - 27 October 2019)|
|Tuesday - Thursday||11:00||- 17:00|
|Saturday - Sunday||11:00||- 17:00|
|Bank Holiday||11:00||- 17:00|
|Gardens (19 April 2019 - 27 October 2019)|
|Tuesday - Thursday||10:00||- 18:00|
|Saturday - Sunday||10:00||- 18:00|
|Tearooms (19 April 2019 - 27 October 2019)|
|Tuesday - Thursday||10:30||- 17:00|
|Saturday - Sunday||10:30||- 17:00|
* Open Bank Holiday Mondays and Good Friday. Last admission to the Castle is 4.15pm. Last admission to the Gardens is 4.30pm
Last admission to the Castle and Gardens is at 4:30pm.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult - Castle & Gardens||£12.00 per ticket|
|Adult/Senior - Gardens Only||£6.50 per ticket|
|Castle Private Child (0-15yrs) (15+)||£6.50 per ticket|
|Castle Private Viewing Adult (15+)||£12.50 per ticket|
|Party Rate Adult, Castle and Garden (15+)||£9.50 per ticket|
|Party Rate Child (0-15), Castle and Garden (15+)||£4.00 per ticket|
|Senior - Castle & Gardens||£11.50 per ticket|
Children aged 0-15 years (maximum number of 4) are admitted for free. No concessions or party rates for gardens only. Season Tickets available on request.
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
Nearest major road is A30/A303. Castle situated on B3145, 0.5 miles east of Sherborne, follow brown signs from A30/A352.
Nearest station is Sherborne station. Turn right over railway crossing to T-junction. Turn left, castle is 500 yards away. London Waterloo to Exeter mainline service, trains operated by South West Trains. Local buses/bus services to Sherborne from neighbouring/regional towns.
Sherborne Museum is housed in what used to be the gatehouse and almonry of the monastery…
Picturesque 15th Century almshouse
Historic Abbey Church dating from Saxon times. Wealth of 15thC fan vaulting built of Ham…
The Haynes International Motor Museum is the UK’s largest exhibition of great cars from…
Quad Biking (8yrs +) and shooting activities (12yrs+) - Thrills on the hills of Dorset!
From our hides, thrill at the sight of badgers emerging from their setts and foraging for…
Nostalgic trip through the World of radio and TV programmes guaranteed to bring memories…
Founded over 1000 years ago by King Alfred the Great, Shaftesbury is one of England’s…
Spectacular formal valley gardens beside 16th-17thC manor. Pools, orangery, fine views…
Gold Hill Museum and Garden can be found at the top of picturesque Gold Hill, with its…
Beaminster Museum in West Dorset is a small museum of local history which visitors from…
World class sparkling wines from the heart of Dorset! At Langham Estate, we love to share…
Athelhampton House & Gardens is one of the finest English manor houses, with beautiful…
Blandford Town Museum holds a wealth of artefacts and archives from prehistoric to the…
Hall & Woodhouse Brewery is right in the heart of Blandford and you’ll discover a great…
Dorset County Museum closed in October 2018 for a two-year multi-million pound…
|Things To Do||What's On||Accommodation|
|Food & Drink||Ideas & Inspiration||Explore|
Copyright 2020 Visit Dorset. All Rights Reserved.