Kingston Lacy is an elegant 17th century Italian inspired country mansion set in attractive formal gardens and extensive parkland.
Wander around Kingston Lacy house and discover the Spanish Room with its gilded leather and gilded ceiling brought from the Contarini Palace in Venice.
Witness paintings by Rubens, Van Dyck, Titian and Brueghel and explore the largest private collection of ancient Egyptian artefacts in the UK.
Stroll around the Japanese Garden, complete with authentic tea house or take a sheltered walk through the woodland.
Spot our resident herd of Devon cattle and don’t forget to pop into the restaurant to try our home made cake and scones.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£14.00 per ticket|
|Adult group (min 15 people)||£12.00 per ticket|
|Child||£7.00 per ticket|
|Child group (min 15 people)||£6.00 per ticket|
|Family||£35.00 per ticket|
Prices shown are gift aid prices. No charge for entry or parking for National Trust members.
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good280
- 6WJL6Poole, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyMake sure you get to kitchen gardens for some of the best coffee in DorsetSunday, 23rd April 2017Great spot for house and extensive gardens and woodland walks. Great for taking kids and dogs out with beautiful contrast of formal and informal gardens and outdoor spaces. Make sure you save your... Read full review
- Kate LTrip Type:FamilyGreat day for an Easter egg huntSaturday, 22nd April 2017KL is always a great day out. Loads to do for all ages. Great school holidays activities. Good tea, cake and ice cream too. Read full review
- J JDerbyshire, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyImpromptu visitFriday, 21st April 2017We visited here for the first time yesterday and what a lovely place. We should have visited here before. The house is amazing, the NT staff were all very friendly and had lots of information about... Read full review
- TripAdvisor Awards TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous Dorset Tourism Awards 2015 Bronze 2015
Map & Directions
From Wimborne take the B3082 towards Blandford. Kingston Lacy is 2 miles.
Public Transport Directions
Nearest railway station is Poole.
Bus or taxi from Wimborne.
- Gift Shop
- Childrens Play Area
- Dogs on Lead Only
- Plant Sales
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook. By appointment
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors - Braille guide, large print guide, some items can be touched
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Parking & Transport
- On Bus Route - Fridays & Saturdays Only
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- On-Site café/restaurant - Light lunches, cream teas and snacks; Mar-Oct Mon-Sun 10.30am to 5.30pm, Nov-Feb Mon-Sun 10.30am to 3.30pm
- Picnic Site
- American Express accepted - Shop only
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Maestro accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - 60
- Min group size - 15
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted
- Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given)
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Family Fun
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
- Dutch spoken
- French spoken
Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- Dutch printed material
- French printed material
- German printed material
- Spanish printed material
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
|2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* Opening times vary, please check National Trust website for exact dates and times. Closed 25th December.