Welcome to the Itinerary Planner. Use this tool to build your own journey or choose from an exciting range of specially selected tours.
To build your own Itinerary, click to add an item to your Itinerary basket.
Voted No.1 Hotel in the UK and No.2 Hotel in the Condé Nast Traveler’s 15/16 & 2017 Readers’ Choice Awards. Summer Lodge Country House Hotel & Spa is tucked away in the picturesque village of Evershot in the heart of the Dorset Downs. An 18th Georgian Manor House, made famous by its links with the literary giant Thomas Hardy, Summer Lodge has been immaculately restored to the highest of standards throughout. Part of the Red Carnation Hotel Collection and a member of Relais & Chateaux.
• Best British Cheese Board - The British Cheese Society Awards 2012
• Winner ‘Most Prestigious Country House Hotel’ in the Prestigious Star Awards 2013
• Conde Nast Johansens 2011 & 2012 Awards for Excellence - Most Excellent Service in the UK & Ireland
• Cellar Master Eric Zwiebel placed 4th in the ASI ‘Best Sommelier in the World’ competition. Tokyo 2013.
• Sunday Times Top 100 Restaurants in the UK 2015
• Recognised as Gold Standard Award Investors in People - the first company to gain this award on a worldwide basis
• No. 2 in the ‘Sunday Times Top 100 Companies To Work For’ 2014
Summer Lodge is also extremely ‘Dog Friendly’. The fee of £20 for dogs to stay at Summer Lodge includes the following;
• Dog beds - available in three sizes
• Food and water bowls with a floor mat in the room.
• 'Dog in room' door hanger
• 'Woof' towels to dry your four legged friend
• Welcome gift pack of irresistible home-made dog-biscuits
• Lily’s Kitchen gourmet in-room dog menu (charged as taken)
• Dog-wash station - perfect for rinsing dogs down after a muddy walk
• Local veterinary and emergency services
• Details of and directions to a local pet store
• List of nearby parks and excellent selection of walks
• Dog walking available - at an additional charge
More info at - www.summerlodgehotel.co.uk/about/pets
|Open New Year|
|Opening (1 January 2020 - 31 December 2020)|
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Ivy Cottage||£500.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Master Suite||£455.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Rooms||£215.00 per room (breakfast included)|
|Suites||£375.00 per room (breakfast included)|
*• All rates are per room per night and are inclusive of:-
- Full English Breakfast
- Use of the gym, sauna, whirlpool and heated conservatory-enclosed swimming pool
- VAT @ the current rate
• If you prefer to stay on a half-board basis (tariff available on request), then your rate is inclusive of the above as well as:-
- 3 course set menu (The a la carte menu is also available at a supplement)
• Dining options include:
- Set menu Luncheon - £26 for 3 courses £23 for 2 courses
- Evening a la Carte Menu
- Evening Tasting Menu - £78.00
- Evening Tasting Menu with classic wines - £150.00
- Evening Tasting Menu with prestigious wines - £200.00
- Snack and Light Meals Menu, some items available 24 hours
- Children’s Menu – Luncheon and Dinner
• Extra bed for children at £50.00 per night on Room and Breakfast basis. Extra bedding provided for children will be in the form of a rollaway bed
• A children’s menu is available
• Children under 12 years will be entitled to 50% off when dining from the A la carte menu. Children’s portions are available
*Please note Summer Lodge Hotel only accepts children aged 7 and over.
• Traditional Afternoon Tea - £25.50, Cream Tea - £14.00
• Dogs at £20.00 per night. Menu of organic food is available
• Guests are liable for the full amount of their reservation for days not re-let when less than 48 hours notice of cancellation is given
• Rates are subject to change without prior notice. Minimum night stays may apply at certain times
• Dress for dinner is smart casual. Shorts, sandals and T-shirts are not permitted. Jackets for gentlemen are preferred
• Service is not included in any tariff
3 Nights for the price of 2!
Stay a little longer with us in one of our unique Suites, offering as much unrestrained luxury as you need. For every 3 nights booked you receive the 3rd night absolutely free! Available on Sundays to Fridays inclusive.
More offers like this - Hotel and B&B Special Offers
From M3 Take M3 to jct. Exit onto the A303 and after approx 65 miles (at the Sparkford Roundabout) follow Sherbourne B1348 onto the A359. At Yeovil take the A37 for Dorchester and after 9 miles turn right at the sign for Evershot. The hotel entrance is in Summer Lane. Ample parking is available.
From Dorchester or Yeovil Junction There are fast services (approx 2 hours) from London Waterloo to either Dorchester (South) or Yeovil Junction. Contact the hotel to arrange a transfer from either station. A taxi takes approximately 20 minutes.
Summer Lodge Country House Hotel, Restaurant and Spa, West DorsetMake business a pleasure in our fully equipped Dorchester Suite located in the Courtyard House of Summer Lodge Hotel, Dorset.
Spectacular formal valley gardens beside 16th-17thC manor. Pools, orangery, fine views…
Beaminster Museum in West Dorset is a small museum of local history which visitors from…
Quad Biking (8yrs +) and shooting activities (12yrs+) - Thrills on the hills of Dorset!
From our hides, thrill at the sight of badgers emerging from their setts and foraging for…
Picturesque 15th Century almshouse
Historic Abbey Church dating from Saxon times. Wealth of 15thC fan vaulting built of Ham…
To make changes, click on Visit Dorset Website tab above.
Sherborne Museum is housed in what used to be the gatehouse and almonry of the monastery…
*LATEST UPDATE* Sherborne Castle, Gardens and other facilities are currently closed…
Nostalgic trip through the World of radio and TV programmes guaranteed to bring memories…
Palmers Brewery is situated in the hills on the outstanding Jurassic Coast. Brewery tours…
Welcome to Symondsbury Estate set in the beautiful Dorset countryside but within a few…
*LATEST UPDATE* The National Trust car parks at Cogden Beach and Hive Beach will be open…
The Keep is the Military Museum of Devon and Dorset. Housed in an extraordinary…
The world's greatest discovery of Ancient Treasure - Tutankhamun's tomb, treasures and…
Executed for arson. Transported for asking for fair pay. Given six months hard labour for…
|Things To Do||What's On||Accommodation|
|Food & Drink||Ideas & Inspiration||Explore|
Copyright 2020 Visit Dorset. All Rights Reserved.