Visit Dorset Businesss Support Hub About us
Visit Dorset is a Destination Management Organisation for Dorset
Who we are
Visit Dorset is funded by Dorset Council, as well as being supported by 500+ business members. Find out more about who we are and why we feel that working together with many other organisations makes our partnership stronger and more productive.
Visit Dorset is a Destination Management Organisation for Dorset formed to help support and grow Dorset's visitor economy. Visit Dorset is funded by Dorset Council and represents investing business members.
To maintain and develop the recognition of Dorset as a leading international visitor destination based on the quality and local distinctiveness of our stunning natural environment and the quality and variety of our local businesses.
We co-ordinate tourism promotion and research across the county and work with tourism businesses and public agencies including VisitEngland, to influence or deliver visitor-focused activities which promote Dorset and grow the visitor economy.
We lead on:
- the development of visit-dorset.com, the official tourism website for Dorset (which receives over 2.77 million visits each year)
- destination and place marketing for Dorset including digital, social media and print
- implementing press and media campaigns across Dorset including news releases and press trips
- organising a Visit Dorset Festival Week to encourage visits to Dorset’s attractions by local residents and their visiting friends and relatives
You can find our quarterly statistics for our tourism marketing channels here, including website and social media statistics.
The purpose of Visit Dorset is to invest in the future of the tourism economy in Dorset.
- support tourism businesses to grow and tourism start-ups to thrive
- promote and market Dorset tourism businesses and visitor experiences to a national and international audience to grow awareness of Dorset as a visitor destination
- maintain current loyal visitors and attract new visitors and maximise their spend to help tourism and the wider economy of Dorset
- improve the visitor experience by providing information and signposting training and businesses skills to tourism businesses in Dorset
- add value to our business membership by connecting tourism businesses and continuing to develop our membership offer
- balance the economic benefits of tourism without compromising the quality of life enjoyed by local residents and the county’s unique environment
The above activities demonstrate our commitment to the implementation of the Dorset Destination Management Plan (produced by the Dorset Local Enterprise Partnership), and our work with other organisations to focus on the strategic objectives of the plan.
If you share our vision, take a look at our membership packages, with a range of options available to suit your business needs and objectives.
Who we work with
We work closely with VisitEngland, Visit Britain, Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Tourism, Great South West Tourism Partnership, our private sector businesses members and numerous other organisations in a collaborative way to promote Dorset as a leading and vibrant tourism destination, as well as a great place to visit, study, work and invest. We recognise the importance of maximising the economic benefits of tourism without compromising the county’s unique environment and quality of life enjoyed by local residents.
Read more about our work and marketing campaigns which aim to support the Dorset tourism industry
Get in contact
Find out how your business can benefit from becoming one of our members - please contact us for further information.
Get in touch and find out how you can collaborate with us and other Dorset tourism businesses.