The most recent Visit Dorset consumer survey was carried out in March and April this year.
You can read the full report on our website or watch a 24 minute presentation which highlights the results and gives more insights into existing and potential visitors to Dorset, including a potential untapped market of Dorset residents who choose to stay overnight in the county as well as take day trips.
Key findings include:
- 97% of respondents were satisfied with their break in Dorset.
- 90% thought their holiday was either excellent or good value for money.
- 74% said they would definitely return to the same location in Dorset.
- 67% are being cautious due to the cost of living crisis.
- 43% would look for special offers and discounts to combat the cost of living crisis.
- 78% claimed that reducing their carbon footprint or making more sustainable choices on holiday was important.
- 59% would like more locally sourced food and drink on their holiday in Dorset.
- The main motivation for a visit to Dorset was for relaxation, quality time with friends or family, and to sightsee or explore.
- Looking forward, price is the top factor influencing bookings in 2023, closely followed by scenery and landscape.