The Priest's House Museum & Garden is located in the heart of the beautiful market town of Wimborne Minster. Discover our stunning Roman wall paintings, the fascinating childhood gallery and a unique Victorian Valentine card collection as the museum tells the story of East Dorset. Explore period rooms from a 17th century hall to the working Victorian kitchen, finding out how life and work has changed in this historic townhouse. Displays include audio descriptions and children's activities.
Wander through a beautiful and peaceful walled garden. Our gift shop and tearoom complete any visit. The museum’s new Open Learning Centre (supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund) includes a multi-purpose learning and community space in addition to our new tearoom where you can relax and enjoy a refreshing drink and a selection of delicious cakes.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Ticket||£5.75 per ticket|
|Seniors and Students||£4.75 per ticket|
*Up to 2 children free with 1 full paying adult or concession - additional chidren £1 per child (excludes some special events).
Adult and Concession tickets are valid for one year from the date of purchase. With the exception of some special events and ticketed events, you can use your ticket to visit as many times as you like during normal opening hours. Terms and conditions apply - please refer to the bottom of this page for details.
Map & Directions
- No Dogs
- Groups Accepted - Essential to prebook.
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors - Loop system. Hearing dogs permitted.
- Facilities for Visually Impaired Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted - Also Hearing Dogs.
- Ramp/Level Access - Ground floor and garden
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Parking & Transport
- On Bus Route
- Parking (charge)
- On-Site café/restaurant
- Picnic Site
- Approx length of visit - 1-1½ hours
- Blue Badge Guides admitted free
- Max group size - 40
- Min group size - 10
- Special group rates
- TIC Staff Admitted Free
- Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- Tea / Coffee Shop
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Printed Material in Foreign Languages
- French printed material
- German printed material
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups - Essential to pre-book. Min 10, Max 40
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Out of Hours Visits
|2016 Season (1 Jan 2016 - 31 Dec 2016)|
* 6 Jan-24 Mar, 1 Nov-23 Dec 2016
Mon - Sat 10am - 3.30pm
25 Mar-31 Oct 2016
Mon - Sat 10am - 4.30pm