The Oceanarium, The Bournemouth Aquarium takes you on an amazing underwater adventure above and below the waves. Home to hundreds of awesome creatures, come face to face with stunning sharks, giant sea turtles, graceful stingrays, dwarf crocodiles, colourful clownfish and the very cute, otter family. Whatever the weather, there’s so much to sea and explore!
Get up close and fall head over flippers in love with our adorable penguins as they dip and dive in their beach retreat!
Not to be missed...
- 12 themed environments
- Daily talks and feeds
- Penguin Beach Encounter
- Great Barrier Reef
- Otter Oasis
- Crocodile Rocks
- New - Jellyfish
- School holiday activities
- New - Kids Play Zone
• Tickets valid all day
• Accessible for all
• Super saver family tickets. Under 3’s free.
• Discounted rates for pre-booked groups of 10 or more.
The Offshore Cafe and Cove gift shop are both open to all. Enjoy amazing views of the bay from our beachfront Offshore Café, open daily from 9am providing a variety of hot and cold food, and proudly serves Starbucks Coffee. Admire spectacular panoramic scenes from our first floor cafe terrace, exclusively for Oceanarium visitors (opening times vary). The Cove gift shop is full of fascinating and unique merchandise to suit all ages, tastes and budgets.
Remember to buy your tickets in advance online and receive fantastic discounts plus benefit from fast track entry when you arrive!
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£12.25 per ticket|
|Child 3-15||£8.25 per ticket|
|Child under 3 years old||Free|
|Disabled Adult/Carer||£9.75 per ticket|
|Disabled Child||£7.95 per ticket|
|Family (2 adults + 1 child)||£24.95 per ticket|
|Family (2 adults + 2 children)||£29.95 per ticket|
|Family (2 adults + 3 children)||£34.95 per ticket|
|Family (2 adults + 4 children)||£39.95 per ticket|
|Senior Citizen||£10.25 per ticket|
|Student (16yrs + ID)||£10.25 per ticket|
Prices stated valid when purchasing on the door. Discounted ticket prices are available if visitors book online in advance via the website
Map & Directions
The Oceanarium is situated on Bournemouth seafront adjacent to Bournemouth Pier, a short walk from the Bournemouth International Centre (BIC). From the A338 Wessex Way, follow the brown tourist signs to Oceanarium, Pier and beaches or BIC.
The nearest pay and display car parks are located just a few minutes walk away from the Oceanarium: Bath Road South, Bath Road North and the BIC car park.
Public Transport Directions
BY BUS Frequent buses running from Bournemouth Railway Station into Bournemouth Town Centre (via Yellow Buses): from Bus Stop 6 - number 3,4a, 4b, 4d, 5a, 5b & 6.The two main bus companies operating in Bournemouth and its surrounding towns are Yellow Buses and More Buses. The closest bus stop to the Oceanarium are situated on Bath Road (less than a minute away), Westover Road (less than five minutes) and Bournemouth Square/Town Centre (a five minute walk through Bournemouth Gardens).
BY TRAIN Bournemouth Train Station is the main railway station serving the town of Bournemouth. It is just over one mile away from the Oceanarium, approximately a 20 minute walk. A taxi and bus station is immediately accessible upon exiting through railway platforms 3 and 4.
- Groups Accepted
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
- Accessible to Wheelchair Users
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Ramp/Level Access
- Toilets for Disabled Visitors
Children & Infants
- Facilities for children - Family changing room, highchairs available in café and Kids Play Zone
Parking & Transport
- On Bus Route
- On-Site café/restaurant - Cafe with outdoor seating area overlooking pier and seafront. Starbucks Coffee, hot and cold snacks and meals. Open from 9am.
- All major credit cards accepted
- Special group rates - Discounted rates for pre-booked groups of 10 or more
- Cater for groups - For 10+ people pre-book tickets at least 48 hours in advance to receive group rates
- Event Venue - Available for private hire outside of normal opening hours
- Open all year
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted - Special school rates available when pre-booked at least 48 hours in advance and subject to availability.
- Guided Tours Available for Groups - Interactive sessions available for groups of 10+ paying visitors, pre-booked at least 48 hours in advance. Subject to availability, not available during school holidays.
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Min group size numeric qualifier - 10 paying visitors.
|Open New Year|
|Opening 2017 (1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2017)|
* The Oceanarium is open daily from 10am throughout the year, except for 25 December. Closing times vary, please check website before visiting.