Beaminster Museum is an Arts Council of England accredited local history museum with plenty to see and do for all ages. Our permanent collection highlights all aspects of life and work in Beaminster and its surrounding villages since prehistoric times. New for 2015 are the Back to School and Rhodes-Moorhouse VC exhibitions. There are also several new permanent displays, such as old tracks and Beaminster's fires and floods, with particular focus on do-&-learn (interactive) features. If visitors are unable to use the stairs to the upper gallery, there is a virtual tour and archive information available in reception.
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£2.00 per ticket|
|Children Under 16||Free|
|Fulltime Students 16+||£1.00 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Map & Directions
Turn onto B3163, Whitcombe Road, towards Evershot and Dorchester.
Museum is 10 yards on left.
Public Transport Directions
Local bus service number 40.
Train station at Crewkerne.
- Groups Accepted - Prior booking required (see website for details)
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction - Museum collections and information.
- No Smoking Attraction
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
- Outdoor Attraction - Historical interest walks are arranged from time to time.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Ramp/Level Access - (to ground floor only)
Parking & Transport
- Parking (charge)
- Approx length of visit - 1.5 hours
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
- Event Venue
- Marketed towards children
- Marketed towards families
- Marketed towards senior citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Guided Tours Available for Groups - Prior booking required (see website for details)
|Opening (6 Apr 2017 - 2 Nov 2017)|
* Easter to end of Autumn half termDates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change