Access to and use of this website is provided by Visit Dorset and is subject to the following Terms and Conditions.
1. Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions which take effect when you use this website. Visit Dorset reserves the right to alter these terms and conditions at any time. Changes will be posted to this website. You are responsible for regularly reviewing information posted online to obtain timely notice of such changes. Your continued use of this website after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement in accordance with the posted changes.
2. By accessing any part of this website, you should be deemed to have accepted these Terms in full.
3. Whilst Visit Dorset endeavours to ensure that the information on this website is correct, no warranty, expressed or implied, is given as to its accuracy and Visit Dorset does not accept any liability for any error or omission.
4. Whilst Visit Dorset endeavours to ensure that this website is normally available 24 hours a day, we will not be liable if for any reason the website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
5. Access to this website may be suspended temporarily or permanently and without notice.
6. Part of this website contains information and images supplied to Visit Dorset by third parties. Third parties are responsible for ensuring that materials supplied for inclusion on this website complies with national and relevant foreign law. Visit Dorset cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information or the images and hereby expressly disclaims any responsibility for error, omission or inaccuracy in the information or images, misinterpretation and any all loss, disappointment, negligence or damage caused by reliance on the information or images contained on this website or any failure or alleged failure in the delivery of the services referred to herein, or in event of the bankruptcy, liquidation or cessation of trade of any company, individual or firm referred to herein. Confirmation of the accuracy and currency in the information should be sought from the establishments concerned.
7. Visit Dorset shall not be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business or loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use this website, or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this website or any such material.
8. Visit Dorset accepts no responsibility for the content of any website to which a hypertext link from this website exists. Such links are provided for your convenience on an "as is" basis with no warranty, express or implied, for the information provided within them.
9. If any of these terms should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or enforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from the clause concerned and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
10. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Copyright These pages, unless otherwise stated, are copyright and protected under national laws and international treaties worldwide. All rights reserved.
Accommodation Booking Terms
Visit Dorset Tourism Partnership (WDDC)
Standard Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Accommodation.
"We, us, our" and related expressions refer to us, West Dorset District Council (WDDC). WDDC is acting as the lead authority for the Visit Dorset Tourism Partnership (VDTP) our address is Visit Dorset Tourism Partnership, South Walks House, South Walks Road, Dorchester, DT1 1UZ. Our e-mail address is "firstname.lastname@example.org".
"You, our" and related expressions refer to the lead member and all other members of the party named in the booking and those on whose behalf the booking is made.
"Your booking" means all accommodation arrangements sourced and organised for you by us "Our Website" means www.visit-dorset.com.
"Accommodation Provider" means any third party through whom you have arranged your accommodation bookings.
“Inspection Body” means the agency responsible for the quality grading given to an Accommodation Provider taking part in the National Inspection Scheme (QIT / AA).
“Data Protection Legislation” means the Data Protection Act 1998, the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC, the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000, the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000 (SI 2000/2699), the Electronic Communications Data Protection Directive 2002/58/EC, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and all applicable laws and regulations relating to processing of personal data and privacy, including where applicable the guidance and codes of practice issued by the Information Commissioner.
Our Contract with You
• Where we sell products for an Accommodation Provider then that Accommodation Provider's Terms and Conditions will apply to your booking and a separate contract between you and them will be formed. Full details of the Accommodation Provider's Terms and Conditions are available from the Accommodation Provider upon request.
• Where there is a conflict between any information on our website and the Accommodation Provider's Terms and Conditions, the Accommodation Provider's Terms and Conditions will apply in priority.
• You must be over 18 to make a booking, and by making a booking you are representing that you are of sufficient legal age and capacity to use our website and to create binding legal obligations for any liability you may incur as a result of such use.
• Please check that all the details on the confirmation form meet with your requirements. Acceptance of this confirmation implies your approval of the choice of accommodation provider, its facilities and services and its booking terms and conditions, and constitutes a contract thereon.
• The accommodation booked for you by or via our website is as an agent for the Accommodation Provider and therefore, any contract for the booking is directly between you and the Accommodation Provider. Prior to departure, you should check that the accommodation is as booked, including type of board and price.
• Prices are for accommodation only or accommodation plus board as stated on the booking confirmation and do not generally include any additional expenses incurred such as additional meals, drinks, use of the Wi-Fi etc, except where specified on the booking confirmation.
• Whilst our website makes every effort to find suitable accommodation, it cannot be held responsible for, nor accept any liability for, complaints or claims of any nature arising from this booking. Nor for any loss or damage which may be suffered by you or other members of your party, during or as a result of a stay at the accommodation establishment.
• To the best of VDTP knowledge all prices quoted are inclusive of VAT (if applicable) and service but should be confirmed with the Accommodation Provider prior to booking.
• The total price of the accommodation will be stated in the booking form.
• You are required to provide details of your debit or credit card when submitting the booking form online and by doing so you authorise the Accommodation Provider or VDTP on its behalf to deduct any sums due and payable by you in relation to the booking from that card.
• VDTP will deduct a non-refundable deposit equal to 10% of the total stay price from your debit or credit card upon issuing the acceptance form.
• You must pay the total accommodation price (less 10% deposit already paid) to the Accommodation Provider on or before the date you depart from the accommodation. Some accommodation providers may require a further deposit e.g. damage deposit, especially self-catering providers, or additional guarantee of payment prior to arrival, in which case you must contact the establishment as soon as possible to arrange this. Some establishments may not accept credit or debit card payment.
• In the case of a cancellation, for whatever reason, the deposit equal to 10% of the total stay price, if applicable, is non-refundable.
• If you cancel the booking a cancellation fee may become due and payable immediately by you as compensation to the accommodation provider. You must contact the accommodation provider as soon as you are able and request their cancellation terms and conditions.
• If the Accommodation Provider is forced to cancel the booking for reasons outside of its control it will give you as much notice of the cancellation as is reasonably possible and it will reimburse any sums already paid by you to the Accommodation Provider in respect of the accommodation, but it will not have any further responsibility to you in respect of the cancellation.
• If you do not cancel the booking but fail to arrive at the accommodation for the whole or any part of the period booked with the accommodation provider you may still be charged the total accommodation price.
• You will have access to the accommodation from a time agreed with the accommodation provider on the date of arrival and must vacate by a time agreed with the Accommodation Provider on the date of departure. You should contact the Accommodation Provider directly to agree arrival and departure times.
• If you fail to vacate all or part of the accommodation premises by the requisite time the accommodation provider may make a charge for a further night's stay which shall be due and payable immediately by you. For the avoidance of doubt, failure to vacate includes any persons staying in your party remaining in the accommodation premises and you and/or they leaving goods and/or personal property in the accommodation premises (except by prior arrangement).
• VDTP maintains descriptions of the accommodation on its website based on the information supplied by the accommodation providers. This information is designed to give you a guide to the accommodation only. If you have any particular requirements you should check directly with the Accommodation Provider beforehand.
• All Accommodation Providers will have specific rules and regulations that apply to guests staying in their accommodation. It is not possible to list all these on our website and for further details you should check directly with the Accommodation Provider before booking.
• If you have a problem, in the first instance please inform the relevant Accommodation Provider concerned immediately so that they can endeavour to put things right. If the Accommodation Provider cannot resolve the problem you should write to us within 28 days of the date of your booking giving your original reference number and all other relevant information. Complaints in writing may be forwarded to the relevant Accommodation Provider and Inspection Body.
Information Provided by You
• You must accurately state the number of people for whom you are booking accommodation. Should your party exceed that stated at the time of booking you should inform the Accommodation Provider as soon as possible. The Accommodation Provider reserves the right to cancel the booking if the number of people in the party changes after the booking has been made.
• Should you wish to make any changes to your booking as stated on your booking confirmation, please contact the Accommodation Provider directly. The Accommodation Provider reserves the right to cancel the booking if you request any changes to the booking after the booking has been made.
• Should any member of your party have any special requirements please ensure they can be catered for prior to making a booking. We strongly advise you to contact the Accommodation Provider prior to your arrival.
• The VDTP shall comply with any notification requirements under the Data Protection Legislation and will duly observe all of its obligations under the Data Protection Legislation, which arise in connection with this contract.
• Any data gathered during the course of your booking may be held on computer files.
• In order to facilitate formation and performance of contracts, VDTP will pass your details to the Accommodation Provider.
• Nothing in these terms shall, nor shall be deemed to exclude our liability for any death or personal injury caused as a result of our negligence, or the negligence of our employees or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
• Subject to the preceding paragraph neither West Dorset District Council nor the VDTP shall be held liable for any losses, expenses or damages of any sort due to you as a result of the acts, errors, omissions, breaches, negligence, fraudulent intent, misleading or untrue statements, wilful misconduct or any other tortious act attributable either wholly or in part to Accommodation Providers or any other independent business which includes their employees, directors, officers, agents, representatives or any other person connected to them.
• While we will use reasonable care and skill to ensure that the information provided on our website is accurate, no guarantees for the accuracy of information are made. The visit-dorset.com website including information relating to products and services (or to third party affiliate information, products and services), is provided ‘as is’. It is provided without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
• VDTP shall not be liable for any damages arising as a result of any inaccurate information or errors on our website relating to accommodation information, including but not limited to details of Accommodation Providers and their availability of rooms, price of accommodation, accommodation facilities, any accreditations afforded to the information and/or service providers who are independent businesses.
• VDTP shall not be liable to you for any losses in the event of accommodation providers overbooking, cancelling of bookings in full or in part, force majeure events or any other cause beyond our or their control.
VDTP will not be liable to you for any of the following:
• Because the information you put into our website is inaccurate or incomplete;
• Because we have changed the arrangement for access to, denied you access to or closed or suspended our website;
• Because of interrupted and/or unreliable access to our website or because you cannot use our website at any time where the cause is beyond our reasonable control;
• Because you have connected to any linked third party websites;
• Because you have breached our terms;
• Any unauthorised access to or loss of personal information that is beyond our reasonable control or where we have not been negligent;
• Because of a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that infects your computer, tablet or mobile device, computer programs, data or other items because you used our website or downloaded material from it.
WDDC on behalf of the VDTP shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages, nor any loss of profit, loss of production, loss of revenue, or damage to goodwill or reputation arising out of, or in any way connected with, your use of our website or with your inability to use our website.
• This contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh Courts.