Outdoor Market in Bridport
Number of items:
Number of items: 1
In 1253 King Henry III granted a charter to Bridport and since then the Market has been in operation almost continually.
In Saxon times “port” meant a place of trade, any type of trade and not necessarily a sea port. This port, market, or bullring was often a widening of the main street in the...